Ridgewood Soccer Association is working closely with the state and amending our policies to be in accordance with CDC and the New Jersey Department of Health Covid regulations. An updated and finalized version of our policy will be released shortly. In order for all players, coaches, and spectators to have a safe and enjoyable experience, we are asking that all people follow the following rules:
General Covid Requirements:
- Whenever possible all individuals shall remain 6 feet apart from one another. This applies to athletes, coaching staff, and referees, as well as parents/guardians and other spectators to the extent they are permitted.
- Individuals are strongly encouraged to wear face masks, particularly where social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Face masks should not be worn when engaged in activities that may cause the cloth face covering to become wet. This includes games and practices.
- All athletes, coaches, and staff should bring their own water and drinks to practice activities. Team water coolers for sharing through disposable cups and other types of shared water sources should not be permitted.
Symptoms or Exposure
- Coaches, staff, officials, and athletes with COVID- 19 symptoms will be immediately separated and sent home. To return to play individuals should present a negative PCR test taken 3-5 days after their exposure or after quarantining for 10 days without symptoms.
- Individuals, including coaches, players, and families, should ISOLATE if they have tested positive for COVID-19 symptoms. To return to play, individuals will isolate for a minimum of 10 days from data of test or provide negative PCR test results.
- UNVACCINATED individuals, including coaches, players, and families, who have recently had a close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more) with a person with COVID-19 should quarantine and monitor their health. To return to play individuals should present a negative PCR test taken 3-5 days after their exposure or after quarantining for 10 days without symptoms.