Ridgewood Soccer Association runs on the commitment and generosity of parents who volunteer to coach. Moms and Dads who coach are what make RSA fun for the kids.
If you’ve never coached before, you will love it and your child will feel proud to have you leading the team! All parents are welcome. No experience is necessary. To make it easier for our volunteers, professional trainers run our weekday practices. You only need to coach on game days.
We always need lots of help, so please join us on the field. In Community Pass, please register yourself as a coach for your child’s age group. Even if you have already registered your child for the fall, you can still log back in and register to coach.
Travel team coaches are required to enroll in the Rutgers S.A.F.E.T.Y. Course. We recommend that In-town coaches complete the course as well. Courses are offered in Ridgewood and the surrounding area throughout the year so please consult the Rutgers course schedule. RSA will reimburse all coaches who attend the Rutgers Safety Course. Please contact email@example.com to arrange reimbursement.
RSA Game Day Coaching Guide: RSA Game Day Coaching Guide
Two great reference articles from Youth Soccer Insider:
- RSA Fields Policy 2016
- RSA Coach Background Screening Policy
- Village of Ridgewood Lightning Detection System
- Mandatory Online Concussion Training
- CDC Parent/Athlete Concussion Info Sheet
- Mandatory Rutgers S.A.F.E.T.Y. Clinic
- Replace a Lost Rutgers S.A.F.E.T.Y. Clinic Card
- US Youth Soccer
- US Soccer
- FIFA Laws of the Game
- NJ Youth Soccer
- Northwest Bergen Soccer Association (NWBSA)
- NWBSA Rules of Competition