Division 2 is a co-ed rec travel team program for players in 9th – 12th grade. Teams participate in 11v11 (full-sided, full-field) games run by the Northwest Bergen Soccer Association. Away games are usually within 20 minutes of Ridgewood. Games are played on Sunday afternoons.
Teams have a mid-week practice which is usually a scrimmage against other Ridgewood teams. This is when coaches can work on strategies and techniques for game days.
Players receive a jersey, shorts, and socks. Soccer shoes (molded plastic or rubber cleats only – no football/baseball style cleats) and shin guards are mandatory.
Players and coaches must upload a recent photo to their Community Pass profile before registering. Photos should be clear, passport style headshots.
To upload a photo to your Community Pass profile:
- Log in to your Community Pass account and on the top left click on “My Account” and select “Account Information”. NOTE: On mobile devices, you may only see an icon shaped like a person.
- Click “Edit” next to the name of the person for whom you would like to add a photo.
- Scroll down and where it says “Upload photo” click on the “Choose File” button.
- Either browse and select the file you want or, if you are on a smartphone/tablet, you can choose the camera icon and take a new photo.
- Scroll down and click “Save Changes”.
Players will be notified of team assignments toward the end of August.