The traveling programs are fun, recreation programs for 5th and 6th graders. Teams participate in 9v9 (small side field) games as part of the Northwest Bergen Soccer Association. Most away games are just a short drive to the towns surrounding Ridgewood. The farthest games are usually no more than 20 minutes away. Division 4 players must be age 10 or 11 as of August 1. Girls play on Saturday mornings and boys play on Sunday afternoons.
Teams have one weekday practice run by professional trainers. Some teams may have an additional practice run by their coach.
Players receive a jersey, shorts, and socks. Soccer shoes (molded plastic or rubber cleats only – no football/baseball cleats) and shin guards are mandatory.
Players and coaches must upload a recent photo to their Community Pass profile before registering. Photos should be clear, passport style headshots.
To upload a photo to your Community Pass profile:
- Log in to your Community Pass account and on the top left click on “My Account” and select “Account Information”. NOTE: On mobile devices, you may only see an icon shaped like a person.
- Click “Edit” next to the name of the person for whom you would like to add a photo.
- Scroll down and where it says “Upload photo” click on the “Choose File” button.
- Either browse and select the file you want or, if you are on a smartphone/tablet, you can choose the camera icon and take a new photo.
- Scroll down and click “Save Changes”.
Players will be notified of team assignments toward the end of August.